Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thanks to Barrie for great support

Thank you to the many people who asked me to run, then provided volunteer & financial support, hosted signs, and cast ballots.

Our incumbent Sue Ley will return as area 1 Trustee. The fight to save Central and our other schools continues, you must all keep the pressure on. The final decisions rest with the Board, and with 2 new Barrie trustees, perhaps the winds can shift.

I will keep this site open for a few more days to post the information that the Board will provide me today in response to my Freedom of Information request.

Special congratulations to our Mayor-elect Jeff Lehman for his powerful showing at the polls. He now has a strong mandate to craft a real plan for Barrie, and for his already clearly-expressed support for Central and our other schools. I hope the new Council recognize this, and that the Board's arms are truly open to partnership offers.